Thursday, 2 January 2014

New Years Resolutions

OK - 1st of January.

Time to set lots of new goals that will have fallen by the way-side by mid January.

So here goes:

Lose Weight

This is a given.  I have turned into whale over the last few years and it has to stop.

Eat more healthily

I think this is important for the whole family.  We don't get our five a day at the moment and we should.  So there.  << goes off to eat banana. Distracted by a stop at the leftover Christmas chocolates >>

Learn the photography basics

Have posh camera already - need to learn how to take it off Auto mode and produce pictures that aren't blurry.

I've made a good start. I've bought an online photography basics course - now just need to start it!

Take part in a 365 challenge

As part of my photography resolution I want to take part in a Photo a Day Challenge.  There are lots of them out their on the web but I've found one over at Fat Mum Slim which looks right up my street (mainly I am swayed by the pretty graphics - I am shallow, I admit it!).

Even the kids are wanting to take part so today we have pictures of 'lunch'.



Watch Die Hard

For no other reason than I haven't seen it.  It doesn't appeal to me at all but it appeared in the top 10 list of Christmas films (random I know!) and I feel I should now watch it. And Gone with the Wind - haven't seen that either.

Read More

Mr H and I both have a mahoosive stack of books that we need to read.  Some I've had since before I met him so it really is time to get them knocked off.  I would like to read 2 books a month - lets see how it goes!!  I'm over on Goodreads if you want to keep and eye on me.

Learn to Crochet


One of my good friends made a gorgeous crocheted Christmas Wreath last year and I would love to make one the same (sorry Tash but imitation is the best form of flattery!).

The one I would like to make is on Attic 24.  To have a look click here.

I have one teeny tiny snag - I don't know how to crochet!  So 2014 is my year to learn!


Have you got any great New Years Resolutions?

Bex x