Sunday, 15 December 2013

Elf on the Shelf - Days 6 & 7


Day 6

How was Mr H ever going to compete with my genius from yesterday?

This is how.

Buckaroo




Not a bad effort today.

He decided a game of Buckaroo was in order.  It was quite amusing to watch him attempt to balance the elves on it without it bucking.

In the end I rather smugly (its a horrible trait of mine but what can you do?!) suggested that he leave it in the bucked position like they were riding a bucking bronco.  He conceded.


Day 7

I had this next idea after seeing something similar on Pinterest.

The thought process in my head went something like this....

"wow - I could build an AMAZING tower out of Weetabix (or own brand equivalent - we're not made of money ;) ) It will be massive - the elves can reside on different levels. I can build a mini staircase that they will have used to ascend to the top levels"

What I got was this....

This photo was taken after the children had eaten the other Weetabix which were left out.  I didn't just get one out - honest!



Its more difficult than you would ever imagine to build even a one storey structure from Weetabix.  In the end I gave up and went with them having strewn them across the tray (I'm not silly - Weetabix make a lot of crumbs and I didn't want to have to clear those up!) to give the illusion that the Elves were trying to 'help' set out breakfast.

I challenge you to build a Weetabix tower!  Go on - try!

Bex x