Tuesday, 24 December 2013

A Christmas Wish

Everything's all lovely and jolly in our house.  We're happily waiting for the arrival of Santa and any gifts he may bring.

But I also feel a tinge of guilt for feeling so happy because my dearest friend is having the worst possible Christmas imaginable.

In September she lost her husband to suicide leaving her and their 5 children to deal with the aftermath.

For her Christmas will never be the same again.  That's not to say that they won't enjoy it again in future years but this year in particular is going to be exceptionally tough.

So - on Christmas day I'm going to take a few minutes to just be thankful that I have my family around me and remind myself that THAT is what Christmas is all about. Family - and friends.

To Carly - I may not be with you sweetheart but you and the children are ALWAYS in my thoughts and I love you more than you'll ever know.  We have a new star in the sky looking down on you - Matt.

My Christmas Wish


That each day will become a smidgen easier for my friend and she will find the strength to go on with each new day knowing that she is loved.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Much love. Bex x



0 comments:

Post a Comment